from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exhaust or deprive of breath.
- v. To breathe out; expire.
- v. To issue as a breath; exhale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To issue, as breath; to be breathed out; to exhale.
- transitive v. To breathe forth.
- transitive v. To cause to be out of breath; to exhaust.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exhaust or deprive of breath.
- To breathe out; expire.
- To issue as the breath; exhale.
In a nutshell you focus on someone else’s (someone you directly know – ummm YOU!) pain/suffering/fear/etc on the inbreathe and on the outbreathe you send them (YOU!) peace, love, compassion, happiness, assurity, optimism – whatever you feel they need.