from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To surpass in learning.
- v. To learn completely and thoroughly; to exhaust knowledge of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To excel or surpass in learing.
- transitive v. To learn out [i. e., completely, utterly]; to exhaust knowledge of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To learn or ascertain from others; elicit.
- To pass or excel in learning; outstrip in learning.
- To get beyond the study or learning of; outlive the practice of.
To survive and succeed on Wall Street, provisions were to be made -- load up on humor, focus, Teflon; outlearn, outwork.