from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To surpass or outdo (another), as in speed, growth, or performance.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To outwalk or outrun; leave behind.
- To pace out; pass or go out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To outgo; to move faster than; to leave behind.
- transitive verb To exceed in development or performance; to outdo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To go
fasterthan someone else; to exceedthe paceof.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb surpass in speed
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From out- + pace.
Sorry, no example sentences found.