from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. overtype (feature where input replaces existing characters instead of being inserted before them)
- n. The printing of otherwise unavailable characters by printing one character over another, as - on top of L to produce Ł.
- n. The slightly doubled image on a coin which has been coined more than once.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To strike beyond.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strike with excessive force; strike beyond.
Already there is discussion of the US attorney purge in one resource rich upper midwest state being part of this [overstrike] voter suppression [/overstrike] political remake of advocacy and the courts plan.
Given Goodling's divulgations about the immigration court judgeships 'being a part of the [overstrike] voter fraud [/overstrike] remake the courts plan, I would expect to discover, as more information on the immigration courts politicization appears in the press, other as yet undiscovered parts of the administration's efforts to politicize subsets of the courts which had been apolitical traditionally, at least nominally.
What's New in This Release: [read full changelog] · Added two attribute style maps: "underline" and "overstrike"
UltraEdit Portable is a text, HTML and hexadecimal editor that includes CR fixup, column-mode editing, bookmarks, drag-and-drop support, insert and overstrike modes, font selection for viewing and printing, complete macro support.
UltraEdit-32 includes CR fixup, column-mode editing, bookmarks, drag-and-drop support, insert and overstrike modes, font selection for viewing and printing, complete macro support.
let Perldoc render Pod as formatted overstrike text let Perldoc render Pod as plaintext with format escapes