from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To buy and sell securities too frequently, resulting in excessive volatility or high transaction costs.
- intransitive verb To exceed the ability of a business to finance its operations by increasing sales too rapidly.
- intransitive verb To buy and sell securities in (a market) too frequently.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To purchase goods or lay in a stock beyond the means of payment, the needs of the community, or one's means of disposal to advantage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To trade beyond one's capital; to buy goods beyond the means of paying for or selling them; to overstock the market.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
tradebeyond one's capital; to buy goodsbeyond the meansof payingfor or sellingthem; to overstockthe market.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
over- + trade
Sorry, no example sentences found.