from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A tube through which the ova pass from the ovary to the uterus or to the outside.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A duct through which an ovum passes from an ovary to the uterus or to the exterior.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A tube, or duct, for the passage of ova from the ovary to the exterior of the animal or to the part where further development takes place. In mammals the oviducts are also called Fallopian tubes.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. The excretory duct of the female genital gland, or female gonaduct; a passage for the ovum or egg from the ovary of an animal: chiefly applied to such a structure in an oviparous animal, not differentiated into Fallopian tube, womb, and vagina.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. either of a pair of tubes conducting the egg from the ovary to the uterus


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.