from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place where oysters breed or are raised.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place on the seabed where oysters are grown to be harvested
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a breeding place for oysters; a place in a tidal river or other water on or near the seashore, where oysters are deposited to grow and fatten for market. See 1st Scalp, n.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An oyster-bank; a place where oysters breed or are bred; a place prepared and sown or planted with spat.
- n. A bed, layer, or stratum containing fossil oysters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a workplace where oysters are bred and grown
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.