Help support Wordnik by adopting your favorite word!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A planing-machine for dressing the surface of panels and feathering their edges to fit them to the grooves in the stiles.
  • n. A machine for rabbeting down the edges of panels, so as to leave the middle part raised; a panel-raiser.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.