from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Arch.) Wainscoting.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun architecture wainscoting


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

panel +‎ work


  • In fact, the only innovation which the designer of these remarkable cases permitted himself to employ was to make the moldings of their cornices continuous with that of the panelwork which he carried along the sides of the room, and into the jambs of the windows.

    The Care of Books

  • Like those at S. John's, they stand at right angles to the walls between the windows, but they are detached, and not continuous with the panelwork.

    The Care of Books

  • Walk along the sides, where the solid and graceful superformed panelwork along the front wings will make you much happier.

    BBC TopGear: Cars and Autos News


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.