from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. fish that are suitable for cooking in a frying pan by virtue both of size and taste; panfish are caught primarily for eating, rather than for sport
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any of numerous small food fishes; especially those not available on the market.
- n. Any of numerous small food fishes taken with hook and line.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fish of the right size and quality for frying whole in a pan.
- n. A saucepan-fish or casserole-fish; the king-crab, Limulus polyphemus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous small food fishes; especially those caught with hook and line and not available on the market
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Crappies are our largest "panfish" and they can get to a respectable size.
Of course most outings I'm shooting for trout or panfish, and smallmouth do manage to get the blood up.
I managed to sneak out of the house last Sunday afternoon with a fly rod and worked a neighborhood pond for panfish.
What do you guys th what is a good panfish fly to use during spring summer and fall when i was watching larry csonka last night i noticed while reeling in fish he would hit a metal tin against his reel, he did it
I just got a really nice set up, a falcon panfish ultralight rod and a nice
All Answers from J4huntfish wrote 5 days 22 hours ago for crappie get falcon panfish rod at cabelas 70 bucks american made too
Have any of you guys used falcon rods i have a really nice ultralight i use for panfish fishing.
Trout Unlimited Names New CEO what is a good panfish fly to use during spring summer and fall anyone have good trout flies. please include pattern so i can tie them
If I'm fishing panfish or somehting I'll move on quick and try and cover as much area as possible to find hot spots.
I keep issues that I really enjoyed and the 10,000 mile panfish trip was definately a keeper, tho I'd rather not have the gators trying to get into the boat.