from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A North American birch tree (Betula papyrifera) having paperlike white bark used to make baskets, toy canoes, and other articles. Also called canoe birch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A North American species of birch with white bark, Betula papyrifera.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the canoe birch tree (Betula papyracea).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See birch, 1, and canoe-birch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small American birch with peeling white bark often worked into e.g. baskets or toy canoes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.