from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A frame for holding one or more newspapers, periodicals, pieces of sheet music, or the like, together by the backs, with the pages flat so that they may be readily turned over and conveniently laid by or hung up when not in use; a newspaper-holder or newspaper-file.
  • n. The apparatus which firmly holds paper in a paper-cutter.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.