from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. An early apparatus for reproducing documents by means of a paper stencil and corrosive ink.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. An apparatus for multiplying writings, drawings, etc., in which a paper stencil, formed by writing or drawing with corrosive ink, is used. The word is also used of other means of multiplying copies of writings, drawings, etc. See copygraph, hectograph, manifold.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • To execute or produce by means of a papyrograph.
  • n. A hectograph, manifold-writer, or other apparatus or device for the mechanical production of a number of copies of a written or printed document.
  • n. The process or operation of reduplicating documents by the agency of such apparatus or methods: same as papyrography.
  • n. In photography, a photographic positive printed on paper resembling parchment.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.