from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A composition of light flat objects pasted onto a sheet of paper, board, or other backing, as:
  • n. A layout of an image to be printed, such as a book cover.
  • n. A collage.
  • n. The art or process of making such a composition.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A composition of a flat object on a board or other backing.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a composition of flat objects pasted on a board or other backing


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.