from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the second pair of appendages near the mouth of a spider or other arachnid that are modified for various reproductive, predatory, or sensory functions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of a second pair of appendages, near the mouth of a spider, homologous to the mandibles in crustaceans.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Pedipalpi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A maxillipalp, or maxillary palpus; the palp of an arachnidan.
- n. A pedipalpate arachnidan.
- Of or pertaining to a pedipalpus; resembling a pedipalp. Also pedipalpal.
Sorry, no etymologies found.