Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A vase for holding upright the pencils or slender brushes with which the Chinese and Japanese write. In shape it is either cylindrical or with a flaring top like that of a beaker.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.