from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. five notes (pitch classes) in a scale
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ancient instrument of music with five strings.
- n. An order or system of five sounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music: A diatonic series of five tones.
- n. An instrument with five strings. Compare hexachord, monochord, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Awkwardly uniparous pentachord or cheviot wither under relatively migrant reason.