from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. By the day; per day.
- adj. Reckoned on a daily basis; daily.
- adj. Paid by the day.
- n. An allowance for daily expenses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a daily stipend
- n. a daily allowable limit for expendables
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- By the day; substantively (chiefly U. S.), an allowance or amount of so much by the day. Also used adjectivally.
- prep. by the day.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a daily allowance for living expenses (especially while traveling in connection with your job)
- adv. one every day
Latin : per, per + diem, accusative of diēs, day.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin per + diem ("day"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.