from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thin metal cap containing an explosive substance, such as fulminate of mercury, that explodes on being struck.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a metal cap found on muzzleloading firearms that contains chemical substances such as fulminate that explode upon impact
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a small copper cap or cup, containing fulminating powder, and used with a percussion lock to explode gunpowder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small copper cap or cup containing fulminating powder, used in a percussion-lock to explode gunpowder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a detonator that explodes when struck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.