from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • adj. used to describe a type of cell division in a layer of cells that occurs parallel to an adjacent layer of cells

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • In botany, running in the same direction as the circumference of a part: said of the direction in which new cell-wall is laid down.
  • In geology, sloping on every side from a common center; quaquaversal.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.