from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An outer layer surrounding the cell membrane of certain microorganisms, such as a spirochete.
- n. A cell membrane or cell wall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of periblast..
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as periblast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The intercellular substance, matrix, or stroma of an organ or tissue of the body, containing and supporting the cells or other formations which are peculiar to such organ or tissue.
- n. The peripheral or cytoplasmic portion of the cell, as distinguished from the endoplast, or nucleus: same as periblast.
- n. An indefinite term for the attraction-sphere of the cell.
Sorry, no etymologies found.