from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A rough, knotted woollen cloth, used chiefly for men's overcoats.
  • n. A coat made of that material.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A rough, knotted woolen cloth, used chiefly for men's overcoats; also, a coat of that material.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A kind of greatcoat formerly fashionable.
  • n. The heavy rough-napped woolen cloth of which such greatcoats were made.


Named after Lord Petersham. (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.