from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device that produces a visible display of the mechanical properties of a sounding body, especially of musical instruments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a device that shows an image representing the acoustical properties of a musical instrument etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for observing or exhibiting the motions or properties of sounding bodies; especially, an apparatus invented by König for testing the quality of musical strings.
- n. An instrument for producing luminous figures by the vibrations of sounding bodies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine for recording music as it is played or sung, or for testing the quality of strings for musical instruments.
- n. Same as microphone.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.