from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Biology Depending on light for life and growth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. that depends on light for life and growth
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Requiring light to live; incapable of living without light.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Living habitually in the light: said of a class of plantcells.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
* an electronic instrument whose sellers claim uses "photobiotic energy" and "deeply penetrating mega-frequency life-force energy waves" to strengthen the immune system and prevent symptoms associated with H1N1 viral infection