from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state of being sensitive to or irritated by light.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. sensitivity to, or irritation caused by light
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A motile condition in plants resulting from exposure to light.
- n. An irritable condition of protoplasm, resulting in movement, due to a certain intensity of light.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a term proposed by Sachs for the peculiar condition in which the protoplasm is capable of exhibiting irritability induced in certain plant-organs by exposure to light of a certain intensity.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.