from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various colorless compounds derived from the reduction of phthaleins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A colourless crystalline substance obtained by reduction from phthalein, into which it is easily converted by oxidation.
- n. Any of the series of which phthalin proper is the type.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A colorless crystalline substance obtained by reduction from phthaleïn, into which it is easily converted by oxidation; hence, any one of the series of which phthalin proper is the type.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A substance formed by the reduction of a phthalein. See phenolphthalin.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.