from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The volume of the conducting airways of the lung. This definition became inadequate once the alveolar dead space was described.
- n. That volume of air in the lung which does not partake in gas exchange.
- n. That volume of air in the lung that does not eliminate carbon dioxide, as defined functionally by the Bohr equation.
- n. The sum of the anatomic plus the alveolar dead spaces.
- n. The sum of the parallel and the serial dead spaces.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.