from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A line or procession of people picketing a place of employment or otherwise staging a public protest.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A position held by an advance-guard of men stationed at considerable intervals.
- noun A rope to which cavalry and artillery horses are tied while being groomed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun rare A line or rope held by one or many
pickets, chieflyone used for tetheringhorses.
- noun military (rare) A
barrieror fortification formed by pickets; a stockade.
- noun A
boundaryguarded by a picket, or unit, of soldiers.
- noun US The boundary created by
strikingworkers, generally at the workplace entrance, which other workers are asked not to pass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a line of people acting as pickets
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.