from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A tall mirror, especially one placed between windows.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A tall narrow mirror, usually set between two windows, above a pier table.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a mirror, of high and narrow shape, to be put up between windows.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A mirror used in an apartment to cover the whole or a large part of the wall between two openings; especially, such a mirror set up between two windows, and forming a part of the decoration of a room. Compare pier-table.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a large mirror between two windows


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.