from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any butterfly of Pieris and related genera.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any butterfly of the genus Pieris and related genera. See Cabbage butterfly, under cabbage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the lepidopterous family Pieridæ.
- Having the characters of or belonging to the family Pieridæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous pale-colored butterflies having three pairs of well-developed legs
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They are seen individually, so, "Ce SONT" is very appropriate and would be my choice. le paon du jour is a peacock butterfly le vulcain is a red admiral la (vanesse) petite tortue is a tortoiseshell la piéride = pierid
The Common Jezebel is a medium sized pierid butterfly found in many areas of South and Southeast Asia, especially in the non-arid regions of India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand.
Leaf-green pierid butterflies alight on the sandy shores of the Tuichi River in Bolivia's Madidi National Park.
le paon du jour is a peacock butterfly le vulcain is a red admiral la vanesse petite tortue is a tortoiseshell la piéride = pierid