from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Money for incidental expenses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A relatively small sum of cash kept in one's personal possession, for routine expenses or incidental purchases; an amount of money which is not particularly significant.
- n. An allowance of money given by a man to his wife or to other dependents for their personal, discretionary use.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an allowance of money, as that made by a husband to his wife, for private and personal expenditure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An allowance or occasional gift made by a husband to his wife, either voluntarily or as a part of the marriage settlement, for her separate use, to be employed in the purchase of apparel or of ornaments for her person, or for other personal expenditure.
- n. A similar allowance made to any one, as to a daughter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cash for day-to-day spending on incidental expenses
Sorry, no etymologies found.