from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. plumbing, a system of pipes
- n. a charge made for piping a fluid from one place to another
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Transportation, as of petroleum oil, by means of a pipe conduit; also, the charge for such transportation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Conveyance or distribution by pipes, as of water, gas, petroleum, etc.
- n. The amount charged for conveyance by pipes or pipe-lines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- n. a fee charged for the use of pipes
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Electric steel, in fact, all fine steel, should be cast in big-end-up molds with refractory hot tops to prevent any possibility of pipage in the body of the ingot.