from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An adjustable split metal ring that fits around a piston and seals the gap between the piston and the cylinder wall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ring or seal that fits around a piston, sealing between the piston and the bore in which it slides.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A spring packing ring, or any of several such rings, for a piston.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A packing-ring; a ring, usually of cast-iron, brass, or steel, placed in a groove in a piston for the purpose of preventing the steam or gas from passing the piston.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. seal consisting of a split metal ring that seals the gap between a piston and the cylinder wall
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.