from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various insectivorous plants of the genera Sarracenia, Nepenthes, or Darlingtonia, having pitcherlike leaves that attract and trap insects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. any of various insectivorous plants of the genera Sarracenia, Nepenthes, or Darlingtonia that have pitcher-like leaves with slippery sides that attract and trap insects
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any plant with the whole or a part of the leaves transformed into pitchers or cuplike organs, especially the species of Nepenthes. See Nepenthes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant whose leaves are so modified as to form a pitcher or ascidium. See cut under ascidium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several insectivorous herbs of the order Sarraceniales
Sorry, no etymologies found.