from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the placenta; placental; pertaining to the Placentaria.
- Made or done with reference to the placenta or to placentation: as, a placentary classification.
- noun A member of the Placentalia; a placental.
- noun In botany, a placenta bearing numerous ovules.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having reference to the placenta.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Relating to the
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Phyllanthus, the carpella of which are ovuliferous below, the upper part being fleshy, the stigmata are two to each, obviously corresponding to the placentary inflexions, while the sinus terminating the dorsal suture is totally naked; it is this which should bear the stigma if Lindley's view were correct.
Fruit dicarpillary, stigmata four, hence they are placentary not costoid. bilocular, loculis dispermis, ovula 2 pend; 1 abortiv. semiunceum, testa vix arillus obsacuit clause lutescens carnosa et ab nuclei inter adhaeren.