from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A genus of tabulate corals with depressed discoidal coralla consisting of small polygonal funnel-shaped corallites having irregularly perforate walls and faint or obsolete septa. The center of the base of the corallum often holds a vermiform foreign body, which is considered to be the dwelling-tube of a commensal worm.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.