from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An external lateral part of the body segments of arthropods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lateral sclerite of a thoracic segment of an arthropod between the tergum and the sternum
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the sides of an animal.
- n. One of the lateral pieces of a somite of an insect.
- n. One of lateral processes of a somite of a crustacean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A lateral piece, part, or aspect of the body; especially, the side of the thorax: chiefly used of invertebrates.
New Latin, from Greek, side, rib.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.