from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Inflammation of the pleura and lungs; pneumonia aggravated by pleurisy.
- noun An infectious febrile disease of cattle, caused by a mycoplasma and characterized by inflammation of the pleura and lungs.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In medicine, pleurisy combined with pneumonia.
- noun A specific contagious disease, peculiar to cattle, affecting the lungs and the pleura, supposed to be caused by some form of micro-organism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) Inflammation of the pleura and lungs; a combination of pleurisy and pneumonia, esp. a kind of contagions and fatal lung plague of cattle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine
inflammationof the pleuraand lungs; a combination of pleurisyand pneumonia, especially a kind of contagiousand fatallung plagueof cattle
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun pleurisy and pneumonia
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
There was a concerted attempt to implicate a group called the pleuropneumonia-like organisms as the cause of the arthritic diseases.
The Botswana government plans to destroy 10,000 cattle in its ongoing campaign to stop the spread of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia, a form of lung disease.
In northern Australia buffaloes deliberately infected with bovine pleuropneumonia bacteria exhibited slight fever, but the disease never appeared.
It is frequently met with in influenza, contagious pleuropneumonia, hog-cholera and rheumatism.
_The symptoms_ of pericarditis may not be recognized at the very beginning when the disease occurs as a complication of influenza, or infectious pleuropneumonia.
Of these organisms the largest is that which produces pleuropneumonia in cattle, and this alone has been cultivated.
Among the human diseases, yellow fever, poliomyelitis, and dengue are so produced; of the animal diseases in addition to foot and mouth disease, pleuropneumonia, cattle plague,
In the chronic form, marked symptoms of pleuropneumonia and chronic inflammation of the intestine are common.
Give the cause and treatment of contagious pleuropneumonia.
This occurs in tuberculosis, pleuropneumonia of horses and pneumococcus infection.