from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Government by the wealthy.
- noun A wealthy class that controls a government.
- noun A government or state in which the wealthy rule.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Government by the wealthy class; the rule of wealth; also, a class ruling by virtue of its wealth. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A form of government in which the supreme power is lodged in the hands of the wealthy classes; government by the rich; also, a controlling or influential class of rich men.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Governmentby the wealthy.
- noun A controlling class of the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a political system governed by the wealthy people
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Bury The term plutocracy is generally used to describe these two distinct concepts: one of a historical nature and one of a modern political nature.
He was opposed to what he called plutocracy, a maldistribution of wealth.
He hated what he called the plutocracy, but no individual rich man.
January 21st, 2010 at 11: 20 am tombaker says: the pundits, the baggers, anyone can say anything now, it will all be for show, and nothing more. formal commencement of plutocracy is enacted.
America under the plutocracy is free by definition, you see. fostert Says:
I'm telling you, why people don't use the word plutocracy and oligarchy to describe what is happening is beyond me.
This is sometimes called plutocracy (rule by wealth) or kleptocracy (rule by theft). wiseGEEK
Or worse, deliberately downgraded roads to other businesses. by emporer palpatine your not living in a republic no more after all, its called plutocracy govt by corporation musilini did it hitler did it
The Populists and the radical Democrats felt that they were fighting the battle of the masses against "plutocracy" -- the subtle and corrupting control of public affairs by the possessors of great fortunes; they thought that they saw arrayed against them the forces of wealth and the corporations, seeking to enslave them.
In the land of fools, also known as the US of A, anything that’s not 100% plutocracy is called “socialism”. autoit 0.762225951300934
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.