from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The point in a course of action beyond which reversal is not possible.
- n. The point in the flight of an aircraft beyond which there is insufficient fuel for return to the starting point.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The point in an aircraft's flight when there is insufficient fuel to reverse direction and return to the place of origin.
- n. The point in any journey, process, or sequence of events when it is no longer possible to reverse course or stop the process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line that when crossed permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.