from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The point in a course of action beyond which reversal is not possible.
- noun The point in the flight of an aircraft beyond which there is insufficient fuel for return to the starting point.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun aviation The point in an
aircraft's flightwhen there is insufficient fuelto reverse directionand return to the placeof origin.
- noun idiomatic The point in any
journey, process, or sequenceof eventswhen it is no longer possible to reverse course or stopthe process.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a line that when crossed permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.