from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A point or sharp instrument; especially, such an instrument used in writing; in the middle ages, a style used with ivory tablets or for writing on a soft surface, as of wax.
- noun Any sharp-pointed thing resembling a pencil, as the pistil of a plant. Also
- noun A pavement formed of materials of a lozenge shape, or of squares set diagonally.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun computer graphics Any of the eight
verticesof a voxel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a tool used by an engraver
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Blend of point and voxel?
A greffe is properly called a pointel to write in tables of wax, by which he suffered death.