from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A North American shrub or vine (Toxicodendron radicans) that has compound leaves with three leaflets, small green flowers, and whitish berries and that causes a rash on contact.
- noun A skin rash caused by contact with this plant.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A shrub-vine of North America, Rhus Toxicodendron, sometimes low and erect, but commonly a climber on trees, rocks, fences, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
woody vine plantin the family Anacardiaceaewell-known for its ability to produce urushiol, a skin irritant that causes an itching rashand blisteringfor most people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun climbing plant common in eastern and central United States with ternate leaves and greenish flowers followed by white berries; yields an irritating oil that causes a rash on contact
- noun dermatitis resulting from contact with the poison ivy plant
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.