from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A shrub or small tree (Toxicodendron vernix) of eastern North American wetlands, having compound leaves and greenish-white berries and causing a rash on contact.
- noun A skin rash caused by contact with this plant.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A small handsome tree, Rhus venenata, of swamp-borders in eastern North America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
woody shrubor small tree, all parts of which cause irritation to humans; Rhus vernix or Toxicodendron vernix.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun dermatitis resulting from contact with a poison sumac plant
- noun smooth American swamp shrub with pinnate leaves and greenish flowers followed by greenish white berries; yields an irritating oil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.