from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who polls or lops trees
- n. one who cuts hair; a barber
- n. one who votes
- n. one who registers voters or conducts a poll
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who polls or lops trees.
- n. One who polls or cuts hair; a barber.
- n. One who extorts or plunders.
- n. One who registers voters, or one who enters his name as a voter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who polls.
- n. One who lops or polls trees.
- n. A pillager; a plunderer; one who fleeces by exaction.
- n. One who registers voters; also, one who casts a vote at the polls.
Otherwise, the inconsistent ordering gives a sense of what results the poller wants or expects for each group.
While a pushy interviewer can make for an interesting scene if the interviewee resists his/her/its ostensibly subtle blandishments, the reader may well side against a protagonist who interviews like a push-poller.
Primaries gives a reasonable insight how a person can perform in the office! non-poller
| Reply | Permalink just a guess, but it could be that the respondants "volunteered" those answers. they were'nt given as options by the poller.
| Reply | Permalink what polls? pollster. com, the largest aggregate state by state poller has Obama 'safe' in more than enough states to win already, based on current polling.
Hey, everybody -- if you're interviewed by an exit poller on Election Day, tell them you voted for Obama because he loves terrorists.
Seriously that is a BS number and this is the same poller that showed Mccain getting 22 freaking % of AA in Missouri.
Mittsey's campaign would have a better chance of convincing folks of their noninvolvement if they had chosen Ghouliani as the push-poller.
But why choose McCain as the ostensible push-poller?
No poller can get a handle on the 'I'm telling you what you want to hear' voter, who swears he/she'll vote for a woman or a black, because to say otherwise makes the voter a racist/sexist (read Republican) voter.