from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Flowering and fruiting more than once.
- adjective Having fruit or pistils with two or more carpels.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany, producing fruit many times or indefinitely: applied by De Candolle to perennial herbs. Compare
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Bearing fruit repeatedly, or year after year.
- adjective Having several pistils in one flower.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany Bearing
fruitrepeatedly, or year after year.
- adjective botany Having several
pistilsin one flower.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
poly- + -carpic
Sorry, no example sentences found.