from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In optics, a lens plane on one side and convex on the other, but having the convex side formed of several plane surfaces or facets, so that an object seen through it appears multiplied—.
- noun In surgery, an instrument for illuminating the cavities of the body by means of an electric light.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Opt.) A glass which makes a single object appear as many; a multiplying glass.
- noun (Med.) An apparatus for affording a view of the different cavities of the body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
lensthat has multiple facets and forms multiple images
- noun obsolete, medicine A device for viewing the cavities of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He has given the electric polyscope features such that every cavity in the human body may be explored by its aid.