from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A cast or facsimile of an engraving, matter in type, etc., produced by pressing a woodcut or other plate into semi-fluid metal.
- Pertaining to polytypage; produced by polytypage.
- To reproduce by polytypage: as, to
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Print.) A cast, or facsimile copy, of an engraved block, matter in type, etc.
- adjective (Print.) Of or pertaining to polytypes; obtained by polytyping.
- transitive verb (Print.) To produce a polytype of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of the
typesinvolved in polytypism.
- noun A
cast, or facsimile copy, of an engraved block, matter in type, etc.
- verb transitive To produce a polytype of.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This technique has been demonstrated to clearly resolve sub-nanometer atomic steps on the surface of crystalline substances, such as polytype 6H-SiC.