from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The white oxid which sublimes during the combustion of zinc: formerly called
flowers of zinc. It rises and adheres to the dome of the furnace and the covers of the crucibles.
- noun In medicine, an eruption of deep-seated vesicles suggesting sago-grains, occurring principally on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. Also called
- noun [capitalized] [NL.] In zoology, a generic name variously used
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Old Chem.) Impure zinc oxide.
- noun (Med.) A skin disease in which there is an eruption of bullæ, without inflammation or fever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine
- noun chemistry, obsolete
impure zinc oxide
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
#What is the character of the subjective symptoms in pompholyx?
(_Synonyms: _ Dysidrosis; Cheiro-pompholyx.) #What is pompholyx?
The acute form is subdivided according to the degree of inflammation, as _pemphigus pompholyx_ in which it is severe, and