from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a ridge of cartilage on the eminentia conchae of the ear
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy: Same as propons.
- n. A ridge on the posterior surface of the concha of the ear, giving attachment to the retrahens aurem muscle.
- n. A ridge which passes between the pyramid and the promontory on the wall of the tympanum.
- n. A bridge which passes between the right lobe of the liver and the lobus Spigelii.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The eminentia conchæ is crossed by a vertical ridge (ponticulus), which gives attachment to the Auricularis posterior muscle.