from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To suffix.
- noun A suffix.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In grammar, a letter, syllable, or word added to the end of a word; a suffix.
- To add or annex (a letter, syllable, or word) to the end of a word.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To annex; specifically (Gram.), to add or annex, as a letter, syllable, or word, to the end of another or principal word; to suffix.
- noun (Gram.) A letter, syllable, or word, added to the end of another word; a suffix.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To
- verb biology To subject a sample to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an affix that is added at the end of the word
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Tokens must be in the order they will be evaluated - i.e. "postfix" order.
Call () uses the local variable 'postfix' to contain the postfix array.
+ (They're not officially "postfix" operators because those require the absense of whitespace, and these allow whitespace.
Since Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein did for Richard Nixon, journalists have had a compulsion to designate scandals by adding the postfix "gate".
Some good configuration options for the postfix users out there.
There is someone's body_checks file available for postfix users to help squash the MyDoom virus thanks again microsoft!
Anyone know of a good integrated virus checker for postfix like qmail has?
Good thread on the postfix-user email list on How to ban spam pretending to be from my domain.
Kasia and her readers have some good info on blocking w32.beagle.j with postfix, procmail and spamassassin.
You can put this into your postfix setup by adding the following line to main.cf: